Trilogy Review -- 50 Shades of Grey

50 Shades Of Grey Trilogy

Hello! I know I never wrote a review of a book, but this trilogy is something special.

As you all know the first book of the trilogy, "50 Shades of Grey" was a huge success around the world. In Portugal, it was as well. I heard about it on the news and I got interested. 
Like everyone and because of the news reviews and opinions I thought that 50 Shades was just about sex. The truth is that it was classified as an erotic book. I heard that it was extremely direct and descriptive on the sex and hot scenes but I really just thought it was just that.
A friend of mine read it and said it was amazing. So, I looked online and I found the book. 
I read a lot, like A LOT! That friend of mine doesn't have the same interest and the fact that she read it in 17 days, on school time, was a proof that it was worth reading.
I was already on vacations when I started to read "50 Shades of Grey", actually it was on 23rd of July. I found it right away really interesting and I was surprised of how good E.L. James is. I finished the trilogy 18 days later... I know! ADDICTED!
I don't want to tell much about the book itself. The first one I think it can be called erotic. 

The first huge spot on that ELJ did was to write the book on first person, on Anastacia's point of view. It was the smartest thing to do. As a compulsive reader and a writer myself I can't put into words how good and brilliant writer E.L. James proved to be. Her easy language, the development of the plot, captivating and interesting, makes you read 100 pages in a couple hours and you literally can't put down the book. In my case, turn off the computer. Like I said, I have nothing but compliments to the writer except maybe at one point, on the second book, she repeated several time the same exact thing but I can understand why she did it.
About the story itself we begin thinking that Grey is a fucked up son a bitch with a disturbed mind. As we advance on the story, and I don't want to reveal too much, we start to understand the why of his behavior and it actually is a very touching story. 
We kind of relate to Anastacia as she tells us how she is falling in love by that rich, beautiful and sexy man. We in deed begin to think like her and to realize that there is so much more in Christian Grey that just his urge to crazy and wild sex and girls who do everything he wants.
The second book brings a totally different thing to it. We've moved on from this Grey to a much more open as we realize he has fallen in love by the sassy, fearless, shy and beautiful Anastacia Steele.

This is the point when it's no longer an erotic trilogy but a beautiful, realist, interesting, I mean the best love story ever. I hate romances because in most of them roses are read, everything is perfect. On this one we see the struggle of a man who is for the first time facing the feeling of love and care. Of course ELJ continues to write and describe sex scenes, very hot scenes in deed. But I can honestly said that I was completely wrong. I started to read it because I thought this was going to be funny and I didn't know, like all the persons out there who didn't read the trilogy and they kind of think you are crazy for reading it, that this is the best love story ever!

The best thing? As I was reading I felt like I was on a emotional roller-coaster. I laughed a lot because of Anastacia's thoughts and her boldness. I don't cry reading or watching movies, I really don't! But yet again for so many times tears crossed my eyes. I was mad at Christian and other times mad at Anastacia. 
There are a few really deep and strong scenes. There are the moments you smile, other we sigh, and even moments where you wish to find your own Christian Grey. He might have a fucked up mind but Anastacia brought him to the light, and with all that, he's perfect on his own and unusual way. You kind of love him for it!
Bottom line, it is one of the best books I've ever read and it has a moral. No matter how damaged a person is, they are still humans and deep down there are feelings and a reason for all that. People aren't mean for no reason! There is a story, and Anastacia told us Grey's story. The evolution throughout the trilogy is breathtaking and the love is monumental. 

MOVIE: About the movie and the cast... When I first heard the chosen ones I was pissed. Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan aren't very known and I was like Fuck It! But as I read, I imagined them. Dakota, with all the transformation, she is now, at least physically, perfect for the role. I am not so sure about Jamie... But let's wait and see because the trailer was steaming hot! Perfection in the highest level!

I just have something left to say. For those who haven't read the book, read it! But first, if you think the book is just sex and obscene, take that idea because you are wrong and you will find so much more in it than that. It teaches you something, it really does!

E.L. JAMES YOU ARE AMAZING!!! AND PEOPLE, READ IT!!!
Vany Sampayo

Comentários

Mensagens populares